Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yelling at people does not help..

I'm thinking of what I would call loudmouth coaches or personal trainers.

I saw a guy yesterday... on the outside track... yelling at his "ward"
(I guess client would be a better term).

This is a nice track. Seems like if he needed to "coach" her (standing
there yelling "you can do it" "lengthen your stride" "just 10 more
minutes". So anyone out there can hear. Hear what a jerk he was
anyhow. Standing there with his arms folded while she was working her
way around the track.

It occurred to me that he could just as easily use a walkie talkie with
a headset. And thus not prove to the world how insensitive he was, and
not raise his blood pressure at the same time. Or mine.

----

Why is it that people have this feeling that yelling at someone does a
better job of communicating?

Preachers that yell at their congregations.

Coaches that yell at their athletes.

---

When I hear someone say "Listen Up", I automatically start looking for
the exit.

No comments: