Monday, September 24, 2007

glorious new world of AHMADEINEJAD? I'm skeptical.

This is a follow-up to my previous post regarding Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

I watched as much of his speech at Columbia University as I could. It
was really really boring.

And scary.

I started watching the speech because I was curious after reading the
transcript of the interview of him at

http://ezraklein.typepad.com/blog/2007/09/interviewing-ah.html


In the beginning of his speech at Columbia he pretty much re-defined
science as Discovering the Truth of Islam. There would have been a lot
of questions I would ask him, if I weren't sure that the answer would
be worthless. His glowing words of peace and tolerance in the earlier
interview would appear to be a ploy or at least a twisting of the
meaning. His tolerance is for those who accept Islam.

Just what we need is another bunch of religious people with guns telling
us what the truth is (or for that matter, any bunch of people with
guns). Another point to convince me that mixing religion with
government is poison.

Yours Skeptically,

Jeff

No comments: