Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Anne Feeney: unionmaid, hellraiser and labor singer

I have to thank Anne Feeney for Dick Meister's article "The Real May Day",  and so, here is a link to all things Feeney...


http://annefeeney.com/


Welcome to my web page.

I'm an activist, organizer, songwriter, folksinger, troublemaker and hellraiser from Pittsburgh, PA. I graduated from high school in 1968 and worked for a year to save up enough money to buy the beautiful Martin D-28 guitar that I still play.

The Vietnam war and the Civil Rights Movement shaped my conscience and consciousness. I worked for a dozen years or so as a trial attorney and served as President of the Pittsburgh Musicians' Union. I have two great kids, Dan and Amy Berlin.

...Now, I'm on the road 200+ days a year... all over the US and Canada, and more recently, Sweden and Denmark. If you're on strike, or in an organizing drive, or doing community organizing for women's rights, the environment, human rights, anti-poverty or anti-racist work, I want to be there.

The most current news about what I've been up to is on my blog. You can also email me at unionmaid@annefeeney.com

No comments: